You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Support for carers

Your carer could apply for extra benefits if you get either:

  • Child Disability Payment
  • Adult Disability Payment

Carer’s Allowance

They may be able to apply for Carer’s Allowance if you get:

  • Child Disability Payment - middle or highest rate care component
  • Adult Disability Payment - standard or enhanced rate daily living component

Carer’s Allowance can affect other benefits that you and your carer get. It can be helpful to speak to a benefits adviser before applying.

If they already get Carer’s Allowance, they might also get a Carer’s Allowance Supplement.  They do not need to apply for this. They’ll automatically get 2 payments a year if they qualify.

If they’re not eligible for Carer’s Allowance, they could apply for Carer’s Credit.

Young carers

If your carer is aged 16, 17 or 18, they might be able to apply for Young Carer Grant.

Back to top