You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Get help with applying for Carer Support Payment

There are lots of different ways to get help with applying for Carer Support Payment. You can ask someone to help you fill in the application form, including:

If someone manages your affairs

If you have someone managing your affairs, they can apply on your behalf. This could be:

  • an appointee
  • a Power of Attorney
  • a legal guardian

Read more about appointees.

Apply in British Sign Language

If you’re a British Sign Language user, you can video call Social Security Scotland using the Contact Scotland BSL app.

Apply in other languages

You can call Social Security Scotland and ask for an interpreter in over 100 languages. They can connect you to an interpreter straight away, or you can book a call in advance.

If you apply online or by post, you can only do it in English.

If you need a large print paper form 

You can get a large print paper form by contacting Social Security Scotland.

Get support from Social Security Scotland

A client support adviser from Social Security Scotland can help you apply. They can meet you:

  • at your home
  • at a venue in your local community
  • over the phone
  • on a video call

Learn more about how a client support adviser can help you apply.

Back to top