You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If your benefit moves from the Department for Work and Pensions

If you get other benefits or services related to your disability payment, you’ll need to tell some organisations about the move to Social Security Scotland.

If you get Housing Benefit or help with Council Tax

You need to contact your local council to tell them about the move if you get:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Council Tax Exemption
Aberdeen City Council Aberdeenshire Council Angus Council Argyll and Bute Council Clackmannanshire Council Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council) Dumfries and Galloway Council Dundee City Council East Ayrshire Council East Dunbartonshire Council East Lothian Council East Renfrewshire Council Edinburgh Council Falkirk Council Fife Council Glasgow City Council The Highland Council Inverclyde Council Midlothian Council Moray Council North Ayrshire Council North Lanarkshire Council Orkney Islands Council Perth & Kinross Council Renfrewshire Council Scottish Borders Council South Ayrshire Council South Lanarkshire Council Shetland Council Stirling Council West Dunbartonshire Council West Lothian Council

If you get Universal Credit

Contact the Department for Work and Pensions to tell them that your benefit moved to Social Security Scotland.

You can do this by reporting a change of circumstances on your Universal Credit.

If your disability payment rate changed

If you get either:

  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

Let HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) know if your disability payment rate changed after your benefit moved to Social Security Scotland.

Contact HMRC about tax credits.

If your carer gets Carer’s Allowance

If you get Child Disability Payment or Adult Disability Payment, and your carer gets Carer’s Allowance, you do not need to contact anyone.

Back to top