You could get help with transport and travel costs if you get one of the following:
- Child Disability Payment
- Adult Disability Payment
If you get either:
- Child Disability Payment - higher rate mobility component
- Adult Disability Payment - enhanced rate mobility component
You could apply for:
- an accessible vehicle or equipment lease
- vehicle tax exemption (free road tax)
- a provisional driving licence early at age of 16
You, or your nominated driver, can apply for a 50% vehicle tax reduction if you get the standard rate mobility component of Adult Disability Payment.
You can apply for a disabled person’s bus pass. The card allows you to travel by bus for free within Scotland.
If you get Child Disability Payment, you must have either the:
- higher rate mobility component
- middle or highest rate care component
You can apply if you get any rate of Adult Disability Payment.
A companion can also travel with you for free on the bus if you get either:
- Child Disability Payment - middle or highest rate care component
- Adult Disability Payment - standard or enhanced rate daily living component
You or your nominated driver can apply for a Blue Badge parking permit.
If you get Child Disability Payment, you must have the higher rate mobility component.
If you get Adult Disability Payment, you must have either:
- 8 points or more in the moving around activity
- 12 points in the planning and following a journey activity
- enhanced rate mobility awarded under special rules for terminal illness
You may still be able to apply if you do not have any of the above but you do have a medical condition that affects your mobility.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback