You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Help with transport and travel

You could get help with transport and travel costs if you get one of the following:

  • Child Disability Payment
  • Adult Disability Payment

Car travel

If you get either:

  • Child Disability Payment - higher rate mobility component
  • Adult Disability Payment - enhanced rate mobility component

You could apply for:

You, or your nominated driver, can apply for a 50% vehicle tax reduction if you get the standard rate mobility component of Adult Disability Payment.

Bus travel

You can apply for a disabled person’s bus pass. The card allows you to travel by bus for free within Scotland.

If you get Child Disability Payment, you must have either the:

  • higher rate mobility component
  • middle or highest rate care component

You can apply if you get any rate of Adult Disability Payment.

A companion can also travel with you for free on the bus if you get either:

  • Child Disability Payment - middle or highest rate care component
  • Adult Disability Payment - standard or enhanced rate daily living component

Blue Badge

You or your nominated driver can apply for a Blue Badge parking permit.

If you get Child Disability Payment, you must have the higher rate mobility component.

Apply for a Blue Badge parking permit.

If you get Adult Disability Payment, you must have either:

  • 8 points or more in the moving around activity
  • 12 points in the planning and following a journey activity
  • enhanced rate mobility awarded under special rules for terminal illness

You may still be able to apply if you do not have any of the above but you do have a medical condition that affects your mobility.

Visit Aberdeen City CouncilVisit Aberdeenshire CouncilVisit Angus CouncilVisit Argyll and Bute CouncilVisit Clackmannanshire CouncilVisit Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council)Visit Dumfries and Galloway CouncilVisit Dundee City CouncilVisit East Ayrshire CouncilVisit East Dunbartonshire CouncilVisit East Lothian CouncilVisit East Renfrewshire CouncilVisit Edinburgh CouncilVisit Falkirk CouncilVisit Fife CouncilVisit Glasgow City CouncilVisit The Highland CouncilVisit Inverclyde CouncilVisit Midlothian CouncilVisit Moray CouncilVisit North Ayrshire CouncilVisit North Lanarkshire CouncilVisit Orkney Islands CouncilVisit Perth & Kinross CouncilVisit Renfrewshire CouncilVisit Scottish Borders CouncilVisit South Ayrshire CouncilVisit South Lanarkshire CouncilVisit Shetland CouncilVisit Stirling CouncilVisit West Dunbartonshire CouncilVisit West Lothian Council
Back to top