You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Help with housing costs

You could get help with housing costs if you or someone who lives with you gets either:

  • Child Disability Payment
  • Adult Disability Payment

You could get a higher rate of payment from your local council if you already get Housing Benefit. This is an extra amount on top of your normal Housing Benefit payment, known as a disability premium.

You may also be able to apply for a council tax reduction. This includes discounts of up to 100% on your council tax bill. It might be available even if your bill is already reduced.

You should contact your local council to tell them about your disability payment and ask about help with housing costs.

Aberdeen City Council Aberdeenshire Council Angus Council Argyll and Bute Council Clackmannanshire Council Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council) Dumfries and Galloway Council Dundee City Council East Ayrshire Council East Dunbartonshire Council East Lothian Council East Renfrewshire Council Edinburgh Council Falkirk Council Fife Council Glasgow City Council The Highland Council Inverclyde Council Midlothian Council Moray Council North Ayrshire Council North Lanarkshire Council Orkney Islands Council Perth & Kinross Council Renfrewshire Council Scottish Borders Council South Ayrshire Council South Lanarkshire Council Shetland Council Stirling Council West Dunbartonshire Council West Lothian Council
Back to top