Adult Disability Payment is extra money to help you if you have a disability or long-term health condition that affects your everyday life.
We refer to these things as your condition.
Adult Disability Payment is made up of 2 parts:
- daily living
You may qualify for one or both parts.
The amount you get depends on how your condition affects your ability to do everyday activities and get around.
It does not matter if you're working or not. Your income and savings are not taken into account.
Daily living part
You may qualify for the daily living part if you need help with:
- preparing food
- taking nutrition (eating and drinking)
- managing therapy or monitoring a health condition
- washing and bathing
- managing toilet needs or incontinence
- dressing and undressing
- communicating verbally
- reading and understanding signs, symbols and words
- engaging socially with other people face to face
- making budgeting decisions
If you're awarded the daily living part you’ll get either:
- £61.85 a week for a standard award
- £92.40 a week for an enhanced award
If you're terminally ill you'll automatically get the enhanced daily living award.
You may qualify for the mobility part if you need help with planning and following a journey, or moving around.
If you're awarded the mobility part you’ll get either:
- £24.45 a week for a standard award
- £64.50 a week for an enhanced award
If you get an enhanced award for the mobility part, you can apply to lease an accessible vehicle.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback