Social Security Scotland will record the consultation so that the consultation is shorter and your practitioner can:
- note everything you tell them
- focus on listening to you
- get accurate information
Social Security Scotland recommend that you do allow the consultation to be recorded. However, you can choose not to have the consultation recorded. If you opt out of recording:
- your consultation will be longer
- it may feel more formal as your practitioner will be typing throughout
- if you disagree with anything in the consultation report, a recording of the consultation will not be available to check afterwards
Social Security Scotland will store the audio recording in line with data protection regulations. If you want a copy of your audio recording, you can ask for this by calling Social Security Scotland free on 0800 182 2222.
Opt out of audio recording
You can opt out of the audio recording by phoning Social Security Scotland free on 0800 182 2222.
You should do this before your consultation. If you tell Social Security Scotland on the day that you do not want the consultation recorded, then they may not be able to continue with the consultation. If this happens, they’ll arrange another consultation appointment.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback