You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

About the health and social care practitioner

The health and social care practitioner is the person you’ll speak to during your consultation. 

Health and social care practitioners have experience of working with people with different conditions and disabilities.

They’re trained to run Adult Disability Payment consultations.

The practitioner could be a:

  • registered nurse, including a general or mental health specialist
  • physiotherapist
  • occupational therapist
  • social care practitioner

They’ll only be able to talk about your application. They will not diagnose your condition or advise on treatment.

The practitioners who do consultations are Social Security Scotland staff members. 

Back to top