Help with accessibility
If you need any help with accessibility, you can call Social Security Scotland free on 0800 182 2222 before your consultation. By calling them beforehand, they can make sure they meet your needs before your consultation.
Social Security Scotland can help with things like:
- wheelchair access
- an interpreter
- documents in large print or other formats
- a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter
- extra time for the consultation
If you're a British Sign Language user, you can use the Contact Scotland service to contact Social Security Scotland by video service.
If your consultation will be held at a local public venue
All local public venues that Social Security Scotland use for consultations should be easy for you to enter and move around.
They should have:
- an accessible entrance
- a waiting area with seating
- an accessible toilet
- private, assisted check in
- a suitable private room for the consultation
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback