You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Sending documents

Supporting information for reviews

In a review, you may need to send documents to Social Security Scotland. This will help them make a decision as part of your review.

This is called supporting information, and can be provided by a professional person involved in your treatment or care, or who understands your needs.

Supporting information can also come from someone who knows how your condition affects you day to day and understands your needs. This could be a family member, friend or unpaid child minder.

Find out more about examples of supporting information, who can provide it and when you can send it.

You can provide supporting information with your review form if you have it.

If you do not have supporting information when you submit your review form, you still have 28 days gather it yourself. You can also ask Social Security Scotland to help, however this might mean it takes longer to process your review.

Social Security Scotland only needs to see information about changes. There’s no need to send a document again if they've already seen it.

If you tell Social Security Scotland nothing has changed, they may still need to ask you for supporting information as part of your review.

How to send your documents

Uploading your documents online is the fastest way to get them to Social Security Scotland. You can save a scan of your document or take a picture with a smartphone. 

You can also send Social Security Scotland photocopies of your documents in the post. It can take them up to two weeks to return any original documents you send. You can make photocopies at your local library.

Send your documents by post to:

Child Disability Payment 
PO Box 27167 
G4 7EA

You should write the following information on your photocopies:

  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your National Insurance number
  • the name of the child
  • the words ‘Child Disability Payment’, so Social Security Scotland knows what benefit you get 

You can find your National Insurance number:

  • on your payslip or P60
  • on letters about your tax, pension or benefits
  • in the National Insurance section of your personal tax account

If you need help with supporting information

If you would like some help to gather supporting information, find out how Social Security Scotland can help or call free on 0800 182 2222. Opening times are Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm. 

Find out what to do if you need help contacting Social Security Scotland, or are calling from abroad.

Back to top