You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Going to court

The Procurator Fiscal considers a case passed by the police and decides whether the case goes on to be tried at court.

You may be referred to the Victim Information and Advice (VIA) service for further help and advice if you're a victim or witnesses to a crime which involved:

Keeping up to date with the case

If you've been referred to the VIA, you'll be given information about the case as it progresses. Other victims and witnesses not referred to VIA can request this information too.

If the Procurator Fiscal decides to take no further action

You're entitled to information about the decision on request from the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service. You may request that the decision be reviewed.

Read more information on what happens if your case goes to court.

Back to top