You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Support when reporting a crime

If you've been the victim of a crime, you'll normally be asked to give the police a statement.

If you've been the victim of a sexual crime, domestic abuse, human trafficking or stalking, you can request a male or female officer to interview you.

During a police interview, you can ask for a break at any time.

Finding out about suspects

You'll be told by the police if a suspect for the crime has been:

  • reported to the Procurator Fiscal with enough evidence to prosecute
  • if the police has applied for alternatives to prosecution
  • if the police cannot locate a suspect or there is not enough evidence
Back to top