You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Get help to make your complaint

You can ask someone to help you make a complaint to Social Security Scotland. 

This could be:

  • a friend
  • a relative
  • someone else who has your permission to act on your behalf

You must give your consent for them to make a complaint for you. Social Security Scotland will contact you by phone to make sure you’re happy for the complaint to be made and for information to be shared. 

If you need someone to help you, you can find out about advocates in your area by contacting the Scottish Independent Advocacy Alliance:

If you make a complaint for someone else

You need a person’s consent before making a complaint on their behalf. This can be given in writing or by contacting Social Security Scotland.

Back to top