You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Benefits if you leave Scotland

You may be able to get some Social Security Scotland assistance if you travel or move abroad, or if you’re already living abroad. 

This page is about assistance paid by Social Security Scotland. 

For UK benefits and tax, check the rules about benefits if you live, move or travel abroad.

Assistance you might get

You’ll only be able to apply for or continue to get:

What you’re entitled to depends on where you’re going and how long for.

Back to top