You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Keeping your home

Deal with rent arrears

What you can do if you're behind with your rent payments.

Deal with mortgage arrears or repossession

You can get support if you're having mortgage difficulties and you're worried you might lose your home.

Get home owner help from the Scottish Government

An independent money advisor can help you apply to the Home Owners' Support Fund – run by the Scottish Government to help you stay in your home by:

  • reducing your mortgage repayments by buying up to 30% of your home; or
  • buying your home, allowing you to become a tenant

To find out if you're eligible for the Home Owners' Support Fund and to apply, you must visit an approved money adviser.

Get legal help

If you need legal advice about mortgage difficulties, going to court or repossession, you might be eligible for legal aid.

Back to top