Deal with rent arrears
What you can do if you're behind with your rent payments.
- Read about dealing with rent arrears
- Your rights as a tenant if you're behind with your rent payments and your mental illness is a disability – Shelter Scotland
- Advice if you live in supported accommodation – Shelter Scotland
Deal with mortgage arrears or repossession
You can get support if you're having mortgage difficulties and you're worried you might lose your home.
- Read our guide for home owners with mortgage difficulties
- What you can do to stay in your home – the Scottish Legal Aid Board and Shelter Scotland
- Dealing with mortgage arrears – Shelter Scotland
Get home owner help from the Scottish Government
An independent money advisor can help you apply to the Home Owners' Support Fund – run by the Scottish Government to help you stay in your home by:
- reducing your mortgage repayments by buying up to 30% of your home; or
- buying your home, allowing you to become a tenant
To find out if you're eligible for the Home Owners' Support Fund and to apply, you must visit an approved money adviser.
Get legal help
If you need legal advice about mortgage difficulties, going to court or repossession, you might be eligible for legal aid.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback