You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Understanding your rights

Find advice and support

You have a right to support with living costs if you have a problem with your mental health.

Support with money if you become ill – Money Advice Service

If your normal, day-to-day life is likely to be affected for 12 months or more you can get support with disability.

What to do if you become disabled – GOV.UK

Your rights at work

Having a problem with your mental health means you have a right to support at work.

The Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland provides information on how the law supports you if you have a mental illness.

If you're treated unfairly and don't have money for a solicitor you might get help from legal aid.

Back to top