You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

When your caring role ends

Support is available when your caring role ends. 

There's help to access work or education. Or bereavement support if the person has died. 

Help to return to work, education or volunteering

You can get help to return to work or education from:

You can search for volunteering roles on Volunteer Scotland

If the person you cared for has died

Support is available if the person you cared for has died, including:

Effect on benefits and other financial help

No longer caring for someone can affect your benefits or other financial help you're getting. 

You should report a change in your circumstances to the organisations that pay benefits or payments to you. 

Report a change of circumstances to the Department for Work and Pensions on GOV.UK or tell Social Security Scotland

Back to top