You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

After a flood

If your home or business has been flooded there is support available.

Temporary accommodation

Your local council will co-ordinate reception centres if you're evacuated from your home.

They will arrange temporary accommodation if you don't have anywhere to stay.

Aberdeen City CouncilAberdeenshire CouncilAngus CouncilArgyll and Bute CouncilClackmannanshire CouncilComhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council)Dumfries and Galloway CouncilDundee City CouncilEast Ayrshire CouncilEast Dunbartonshire CouncilEast Lothian CouncilEast Renfrewshire CouncilEdinburgh CouncilFalkirk CouncilFife CouncilGlasgow City CouncilThe Highland CouncilInverclyde CouncilMidlothian CouncilMoray CouncilNorth Ayrshire CouncilNorth Lanarkshire CouncilOrkney Islands CouncilPerth & Kinross CouncilRenfrewshire CouncilScottish Borders CouncilShetland Islands CouncilSouth Ayrshire CouncilSouth Lanarkshire CouncilStirling CouncilWest Dunbartonshire CouncilWest Lothian Council

Returning home

The Scottish Flood Forum has advice about what needs to happen before you can go back to your house.

Make sure you get your gas and electricity checked after a flood. Even if they seem to be working normally, they may be damaged and could be dangerous.

Physical and mental health

Flooding can affect your physical and mental health. There's information about coping with the aftermath of flooding on the Scottish Flood Forum's website.

The organisation also offers a 24 hour hotline: 01698 839021.

If you continue to feel bad speak to your GP about getting support.

Back to top