You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

During a flood


Stay safe by following the advice of the emergency services during a flood.

Contact the emergency services or your local council if you need support to leave your home.

The Scottish Flood forum website has advice for what to do during a flood.

It also has a 24 hour hotline: 01698 839021.

Flooding updates

You can get up-to-date information about flooding on Floodline's website.

If you'd rather call to get a local flooding update, the website also has a phone number for your area.

Temporary accommodation

Your local council will run reception centres if you're evacuated from your home. These will give you somewhere safe to go.

Your council should arrange temporary accommodation if you do not have anywhere to stay.

Aberdeen City Council Aberdeenshire Council Angus Council Argyll and Bute Council Clackmannanshire Council Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles) Council Dumfries and Galloway Council Dundee City Council East Ayrshire Council East Dunbartonshire Council East Lothian Council East Renfrewshire Council Edinburgh Council Falkirk Council Fife Council Glasgow City Council The Highland Council Inverclyde Council Midlothian Council Moray Council North Ayrshire Council North Lanarkshire Council Orkney Islands Council Perth & Kinross Council Renfrewshire Council Scottish Borders Council Shetland Islands Council South Ayrshire Council South Lanarkshire Council Stirling Council West Dunbartonshire Council West Lothian Council

Travel updates

If you need to travel during flooding check flood warnings and live travel updates.

For train, boat and air journeys check the website of the company you're travelling with for updates.

Back to top