You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

What happens next

After you've told Social Security Scotland

You'll get a letter to let you know if the changes you reported will affect the Child Disability Payment. 

Who else you need to tell

If you tell Social Security Scotland about a change which means the child's award goes up or down, or stops, this could have an effect on other related benefits that you receive.

If you get benefits from any other organisations, you should tell them about changes to your Child Disability Payment.

This could include:

  • your local authority
  • HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)

Find out about extra support with costs

Call Social Security Scotland free on 0800 182 2222 if you have any questions, or if you need help.

Opening hours are 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. Find out what to do if you need help contacting Social Security Scotland, or are calling from abroad.

Back to top