If you're already receiving Adult Disability Payment, or you’ve applied and are waiting for a decision, you need to tell Social Security Scotland about changes.
Changes involving a terminal illness
If you have a terminal illness, call Social Security Scotland for free. We have specialist advisors who can help take you through the process of reporting a change at your own pace.
Before you start, call Social Security Scotland free if:
- you do not have a permanent address
- you're moving to an address outside the UK
- you do not have a bank account and want to be paid in the way you have agreed with the Department for Work and Pensions
- you want to report a change in your payment details
- you’ve moving out of, or into, alternative accommodation or care
- you're reporting a change for someone who cannot manage their own affairs and you're their appointee
Find out what to do if you need help contacting Social Security Scotland, or are calling from abroad.
What you’ll need
When telling Social Security Scotland about a change, it will be quicker if you have the following information to hand:
- your National Insurance number
- the bank account details where your benefits are paid into
- details of the change you are telling Social Security Scotland about
- the date the change happened, or will happen
You can find your National Insurance number on your:
- National Insurance card
- benefit letter
Call Social Security Scotland free if you cannot find your National Insurance number.
How to tell Social Security Scotland
You can use the online form to report the changes. This currently includes changes to:
- your personal details, like your name or address
- your personal details
- your care needs, conditions or mobility needs
- how you'd like Social Security Scotland to contact you
Call Social Security Scotland free to tell them about any change over the phone, if you have any questions or need help.
Complete a downloadable or paper form
You can download and complete a form to tell us about any changes to your:
- care needs
- mobility needs
- you’d like a paper version of the form to be sent by post
- you have any questions
- you need help to complete the form
- you need help to get information about your health change or send this to them
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback