You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Sending documents

If you were told you need to send a copy of a document, you'll need to send this before Social Security Scotland can finish checking your form. You can do this online or send your documents in the post.

What to send

Changes to personal details

Find out what to send Social Security Scotland for changes to your name or address.

Changes to care needs, disability, conditions or mobility needs

Social Security Scotland may need to see copies of:

  • social care assessments
  • medical reports, letters or certificates
  • prescription lists
  • test results
  • letters from people that know you, like social workers or family members

Social Security Scotland only need to see information about changes. There’s no need to send a document if they have already seen it.

If you're unsure about what information to give Social Security Scotland or do not know where to find it, call Social Security Scotland to find out how they can help

How to send your documents


If you’re in the UK, you can upload your documents online. You can upload digital files, photos, screenshots or scanned documents. Make sure that they are clear and show the full document.

If you’re outside the UK, you cannot currently upload your documents online, you need to post your documents using the details below.


To post your documents, send them to:

Adult Disability Payment
PO Box 10324

Call Social Security Scotland free if you need a prepaid envelope to send documents or a form. Pre-paid envelopes cannot be used if you’re posting from outside the UK.

If you’re not using a pre-paid envelope or you’re posting documents from outside the UK, check you have paid the right amount of postage before you send your documents.

Write the following information on your photocopied documents:

  • your full name
  • your date of birth
  • your National Insurance number
  • the words 'Adult Disability Payment', so Social Security Scotland know what benefit the change is about

If you do not include these things, it could take longer to process your change.


If you want to send your documents by post, you should only send photocopies. It can take Social Security Scotland a while to return any original documents you send.

If you are sending original documents, you may want to send these recorded delivery and ask for proof of postage.

Back to top