You may need to find a new dentist because:
- you've moved house
- you're unhappy with your dental care
- your dentist has stopped providing NHS treatment
Changing dental practices
You should let your dental practice know that you're leaving.
If you register with a new dentist that provides NHS treatment, you'll no longer be registered with your old dentist.
You can find a local dentist using NHS 24 Find Your Local Service.
What to do if you're unhappy with your dental care?
If you're unhappy with your dental care speak to:
- your dentist
- a member of staff at the dental practice
There is advice and guidance available about complaining about your dental treatment.
What to do if your dentist stops providing NHS treatment
- You'll usually be told about three months in advance
- Your dentist must do their best to complete any NHS treatment you need
Your dentist may recommend a new dentist or you can find a new NHS dentist using NHS 24's Find Your Local Service.