You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Transitional Relief

You might be able to get Transitional Relief if your property is:

  • a pub, restaurant or hotel with a rateable value of less than £1.5 million
  • an office located in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire

If you can get Transitional Relief, increases in your non-domestic rates will be capped at 12.5% in real terms.

'Real terms' means any increases will also be adjusted for inflation.

You should check with your local council to see if you're eligible or to apply.

State aid

Getting Transitional Relief might affect how much state aid you can get.

You can find more information on state aid on the website.

Back to top