You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If you're separated from your partner

You can still apply for the Mortgage to Shared Equity scheme as long as both parties remain joint owners. This means your joint income will be taken into account in the application process.

The Scottish Government can't buy out your partner's share of your home. Both parties must remain owners.

You can still apply for the Mortgage to Rent scheme as long as:

  • both parties agree and sign the application form giving consent
  • one of you will still be living in the property
Back to top