You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Application process

Get independent advice about your financial situation from an approved money adviser.

Your application won't be considered unless you've taken advice from an approved money adviser.

Complete the Home Owners' Support Fund application form with your money adviser.

Applications won't be accepted directly from home owners. They must be submitted via an approved money adviser.

Along with your application, you'll need to provide identification – certified by your money adviser – and proof of your income and expenditure. Your money adviser can talk you through this.

If you're eligible, a case worker from the Scottish Government will decide what scheme may be the best option for you – Mortgage to Shared Equity or Mortgage to Rent.

Back to top