You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Your payments

The Department for Work and Pensions will continue to pay you until Social Security Scotland takes over your payments.

There will be no gaps in your payments. Your payment day will change to Wednesday. 

Your payment reference

Your payment from Social Security Scotland will use a payment reference like the Department for Work and Pensions. The reference is based on your National Insurance Number, and 'CDP' refers to Child Disability Payment. You'll be able to see this in your bank statement.

If you receive other benefits

Any other benefits you receive will be unaffected by the transfer.

The following benefits remain with the Department for Work and Pensions:

  • Bereavement allowance
  • Bereavement benefits
  • Bereavement Payment
  • Child Benefit
  • Contributory Employment Support Allowance
  • Contributory Job Seeker's Allowance
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • State Pension
  • Universal Credit
  • Widowed Parents Allowance

Once your benefit has transferred, you remain:

  • potentially eligible for reserved benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions
  • entitled to any of the reserved benefits from the Department for Work and Pensions you currently receive

For more information about any other benefits, contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Find out more about benefits from Social Security Scotland.

If you have a Motability lease

Social Security Scotland will become responsible for making payments to Motability on your behalf.  
Motability knows that Social Security Scotland will be taking over payments from the Department for Work and Pensions.
If only part of the mobility component is used for the lease, your child will continue to be paid the remaining benefit.

If your child is terminally ill

Clients who are terminally ill go through a fast-tracked transfer process. You'll not need to do anything unless circumstances change.

Terminally ill clients who receive the highest rate of the care component for Child Disability Payment are automatically entitled to the higher rate of the mobility component if they're at least three years old.

Find out more information about the differences between Child Disability Payment and Disability Living Allowance for Children for terminally ill clients

If you have any debts to the Department for Work and Pensions

If you have an overpayment with Disability Living Allowance for children, you'll continue to pay it back to the Department for Work and Pensions.

Back to top