You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Appeal a sentence or conviction

If you're found guilty of a crime at court, you can appeal against:

  • your conviction (the guilty verdict)
  • your sentence
  • both your conviction and your sentence

Visit the Scottish Courts and Tribunals website to find out what to do if you want to appeal a sentence or conviction.

If you lose your appeal

You can contact the Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission if you think there's been a 'miscarriage of justice'.

Back to top