You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If you live abroad or are a foreign national

You can use the register to vote service if you're both:

  • are a British citizen
  • were registered to vote within the last 15 years (or, in some cases, if you were too young to register when you were in the UK)

You may need your passport details.

You can also use the service to update or change your details.

If you live abroad you can only vote in UK Parliament elections.

Foreign nationals living in Scotland

Foreign nationals who live in Scotland can register to vote in the Scottish elections, if they:

  • have leave to remain; or
  • do not need leave to remain
Back to top