You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Getting advice

You can query your rateable value by contacting the Scottish Assessors Association. There's no charge for this.

You can also get help from professional organisations that can put you in touch with a qualified rating surveyor. They will normally belong to one of the following organisations:

You may be charged for any advice you get from a rating surveyor right from the start. You can contact RICS or one of their members for advice from a local chartered surveyor. The first 30 minutes of advice are free.

RICS can help you check the terms of your lease. For example, RICS can help you check if you're responsible for paying business rates.

Back to top