Warmer Homes Scotland
Warmer Homes Scotland is a Scottish Government funded scheme. The scheme helps people in need to make their homes warmer and cost less to heat. It does this by changing your home to use energy more efficiently.
Warmworks Scotland manages the scheme for us.
Help available to eligible households includes:
- wall insulation
- loft insulation
- boilers and heating
- renewable and micro-renewable heating system
You can apply for the Warmer Homes Scotland scheme if you meet the eligibility criteria. You can apply even if you've had help before from any Scottish Government funded energy efficiency scheme.
The help offered will depend on a survey of your home.
Who can get help from Warmer Homes Scotland
You may be eligible for help if you're struggling to heat your home and you:
- are a homeowner or private tenant
- have also lived in the property for at least 12 months
For more information about the scheme and the eligibility criteria, you can either:
- visit Greener Scotland
- call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282
Home Energy Scotland
Almost everyone can get some form of help from Home Energy Scotland. This is a free service funded by the Scottish Government that gives advice on:
- making your home cheaper to heat
- reducing fuel bills
- saving energy and carbon
Call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 808 2282, or text WARM to 81025 for a call back.
They can give you:
- free, impartial advice about the best energy-saving options for your home
- support to reduce your energy bills while staying warm at home, including switching energy tariffs
- a home energy check – you can do this over the phone, use the online calculator or an advisor can visit you at home if you'd rather speak to someone in person
- guidance on financial support, including Warmer Homes Scotland referrals, benefits checks, incentives and discounted energy rates
- advice and referrals for grants, or loans to help fund energy efficiency improvements to your home
- referrals to the Warm Home Discount scheme – this could get you a discount on your electricity bill
- details of installers in your area
Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS)
You may be eligible for support under the Home Energy Efficiency Programmes for Scotland (HEEPS). HEEPS provides financial support, including through the Warmer Homes Scotland scheme.
This could help reduce your bills and make your house warmer by funding energy efficiency measures like:
- a new boiler
- draught proofing
- heating controls
Winter Fuel Payment
You could get between £100 and £300 tax-free to help pay your heating bills if you were born on or before 26 September 1955. This is known as a 'Winter Fuel Payment'.
Money Talk Team
The Money Talk Team is a service that offers money advice to older people and families.
It helps explain how to make the most of your income and make sure you're not paying more than you need to for services like gas, electricity and internet.
It can help you find out:
- what benefits you can get
- how to save money on your bills
- what other money you may be entitled to
You can chat to the Money Talk Team by calling 0800 085 7145, or by setting up a meeting to your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Energy Saving Trust Scotland helps you save energy and reduce your bills.
Greener Scotland gives advice on how to save energy, reduce waste, travel smarter and eat greener.
Age Scotland has guidance on energy and how to reduce your bills.
Fuel Bank Foundation has advice for managing your energy account
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback