For peace of mind always carry an emergency kit in your vehicle. Your emergency kit should include:
- a first aid kit
- battery jump leads
- a torch and spare batteries (or a wind up torch)
- a map for unplanned diversions
- a blanket
- a reflective warning sign
In winter you should also take:
- an ice scraper and de-icer
- a shovel for snow
- warm clothes, boots and a blanket
- some food and a warm drink in a flask
In winter you should pay extra attention to planning your journey.
Make sure your vehicle's ready for a journey in poor weather. And consider fitting winter tyres or snow socks to your vehicle.
At any time of year, think about carrying one or more emergency contact numbers:
- on your mobile phone
- in your wallet or purse
This means emergency responders such paramedics can contact people who know you. This will help them find out important medical information.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback