You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Appeal an unsuccessful EMA application

If your application is unsuccessful, you can appeal the decision. You need to appeal to the local council or college you applied to.

You need to do this within one month of getting your decision.

Each council or college will have their own appeals process. 

Visit their EMA page or contact the council or college to check how to appeal. 

Studying at school or in home education

Visit Aberdeen City CouncilVisit Aberdeenshire CouncilVisit Angus CouncilVisit Argyll and Bute CouncilVisit Clackmannanshire CouncilVisit Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council)Visit Dumfries & Galloway CouncilVisit Dundee CouncilVisit East Ayrshire CouncilVisit East Dunbartonshire CouncilVisit East Lothian CouncilVisit East Renfrewshire CouncilVisit Edinburgh CouncilVisit Falkirk CouncilVisit Fife CouncilVisit Glasgow City CouncilVisit Highland CouncilVisit Inverclyde CouncilVisit Midlothian CouncilVisit Moray CouncilVisit North Ayrshire CouncilVisit North Lanarkshire CouncilVisit Orkney Islands CouncilVisit Perth & Kinross CouncilVisit Renfrewshire CouncilVisit Scottish Borders CouncilVisit Shetland Islands CouncilVisit South Ayrshire CouncilVisit South Lanarkshire CouncilVisit Stirling CouncilVisit West Dunbartonshire CouncilVisit West Lothian Council

Studying at college

Visit Argyll College UHIVisit Ayrshire CollegeVisit Borders CollegeVisit City of Glasgow CollegeVisit Dumfries & Galloway CollegeVisit Dundee and Angus CollegeVisit Edinburgh CollegeVisit Fife CollegeVisit Forth Valley CollegeVisit Glasgow Clyde CollegeVisit Glasgow Kelvin CollegeVisit Inverness College UHIVisit Lews Castle College UHIVisit Moray College UHIVisit Newbattle Abbey CollegeVisit New College LanarkshireVisit North East Scotland CollegeVisit North Highland College UHIVisit Orkney College UHIVisit Perth College UHIVisit Royal Conservatoire of ScotlandVisit Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHIVisit Scotland's Rural CollegeVisit Shetland College UHIVisit South Lanarkshire CollegeVisit West Highland College UHIVisit West Lothian CollegeVisit West College Scotland
Back to top