You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Apply for or renew EMA

Studying at school or in home education

You need to apply through your local council. Each local council might have a different application process. 

Aberdeen City Council Aberdeenshire Council Angus Council Argyll and Bute Council Clackmannanshire Council Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Western Isles Council) Dumfries & Galloway Council Dundee Council East Ayrshire Council East Dunbartonshire Council East Lothian Council East Renfrewshire Council Edinburgh Council Falkirk Council Fife Council Glasgow City Council Highland Council Inverclyde Council Midlothian Council Moray Council North Ayrshire Council North Lanarkshire Council Orkney Islands Council Perth & Kinross Council Renfrewshire Council Scottish Borders Council Shetland Islands Council South Ayrshire Council South Lanarkshire Council Stirling Council West Dunbartonshire Council West Lothian Council

You might also be able to ask your school for an application form. 

Studying at college

Argyll College UHI Ayrshire College Borders College City of Glasgow College Dumfries & Galloway College Dundee and Angus College Edinburgh College Fife College Forth Valley College Glasgow Clyde College Glasgow Kelvin College Inverness College UHI Lews Castle College UHI Moray College UHI Newbattle Abbey College New College Lanarkshire North Highland College UHI Orkney College UHI Perth College UHI Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Sabhal Mòr Ostaig UHI Scotland's Rural College Shetland College UHI South Lanarkshire College West Highland College UHI West College Scotland West Lothian College

How long does the process take?

It depends if you complete your form properly and the date on which you apply. Your local council or college bursary office will be able to update you on your application progress.

Back to top