If you need to travel with a companion, you need to have a card with the C+1 logo on it.
If your card has this logo, your companion can travel with you for free. Your companion cannot use the card without you.
When you apply for your card, you need to give extra information to show you qualify for a companion.
Who can get free travel for a companion
You can get free travel for a companion if you:
- get Attendance Allowance
- get the standard or enhanced rate of daily living component of Personal Independence Payment
- get the higher or middle rate of the care component of Disability Living Allowance
- get the higher or middle rate of the care component of Child Disability Payment
- get the standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of Adult Disability Payment
- get Pension Age Disability Payment
- get War Pensions Constant Attendance Allowance
- have confirmation that you are registered blind or severely sight impaired
If you live in a care or residential home or hospital and your benefit has been suspended, you can still get a companion card. You will need to get a letter from the care home or hospital that confirms that you:
- are eligible for the benefit
- live in the care home or hospital
- receive 24 hour care
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback