You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Renew, replace or update a disabled persons bus pass

Renew or replace your bus pass 

You can renew a disabled persons bus pass or replace a bus pass that has been lost, stolen or damaged.  

You can either:  

If your card is damaged, and does not work on a bus Electronic Ticketing Machine, you can give it to the bus driver in exchange for a 'seven day pass' paper ticket. You then need to apply for a new bus pass. 

Update your bus pass  

If your details change, you can update your: 

  • name 
  • address 
  • photo 

To update your bus pass, contact Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) if you live in the Glasgow and Strathclyde area, or contact your local council if you live elsewhere in Scotland.  

If you need to replace, renew or update your bus pass, you can do this through Strathclyde Partnership for Transport or your local council.  

If you want to do this online, you will need to apply for a new bus pass at 

After you renew, replace or update your bus pass 

Once you apply to renew, replace or update your bus pass, your existing bus pass will be cancelled.  

You’ll have to pay the bus fare until you get your new bus pass.  

You’ll get a replacement bus pass sent to you by post. Make sure SPT, your council, or have your most recent address. If you do not get your replacement card within 2 weeks, you can contact them for an update.  

You should destroy your old bus pass after getting your replacement bus pass.    

Cancel your bus pass 

You can cancel your bus pass by contacting your local council or SPT.  

You should destroy your card after it’s been cancelled.  

Once your card is cancelled, you need to pay the bus fare. 

Back to top