You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Apply for a disabled persons bus pass

Apply online

Apply for a bus pass online at

Apply through Strathclyde Partnership for Transport

You can apply through Strathclyde Partnership for Transport (SPT) if you live in their area. This includes Glasgow and the Strathclyde area of the west of Scotland.

Apply to your local council

If you live outside the Strathclyde Partnership for Transport area, you need to contact your local council to apply for a disabled persons bus pass.

How you can apply and how long it will take depends on each council.

You may also be able to apply at:

  • some travel centers
  • some libraries
  • a local council office
  • a local council customer service point

Contact your local council to see if you can apply in these places.

What you need to apply or renew your bus pass

When applying or renewing, you'll need:

  • a recent photo
  • proof of age
  • proof of your current address

If you need to travel with a companion you'll need supporting evidence. This may be an award notice letter from the Department of Work and Pensions or a copy of your blind registration certificate.

Help applying

If you live in the Glasgow and Strathclyde area you should email SPT on

If you live somewhere else in Scotland, your local council deals with bus pass applications.

You need to contact your local council for queries. They can help things like:

  • where you can apply or renew your bus pass
  • problems applying
  • when you'll get your bus pass
Back to top