The Client Panels team would like to tell you about a chance to take part in research on Best Start Foods.
Researchers in the Scottish Government are funding the study. The independent research agency ScotCen is doing the research.
They want to hear how you found:
- applying for and getting the payment card
- using the card
This research will help the Scottish Government understand how Best Start Foods can improve.
It’s voluntary. You do not have to take part if you do not want to.
The interview will take place with a researcher from the independent research agency ScotCen.
- will take around 30 to 45 minutes
- can be by phone or video call
- can be at a time that suits you
ScotCen will give you a £30 Love2Shop voucher if you complete an interview to thank you for your time.
If you want to take part
Let ScotCen know you’re interested in taking part by:
- emailing BSF@scotcen.org.uk
- writing to: ScotCen Social Research, Scotiabank House, 6 South Charlotte Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AW
- calling Lesley Birse on 020 7549 9529 or Asiya Hamid on 020 7549 9511
You can let them know if you need support to take part in an interview. For example, if:
- English is not your first language
- you have issues with sight or hearing
ScotCen will make arrangements so that you can take part.
What happens next
ScotCen may ask you to come to an interview.
- ask a few questions to check you’re eligible
- agree a date and time with you
- tell you more about the research
- ask for your consent to take part
There are only so many interview spaces. ScotCen may not contact you.
Your personal information
This project is not part of the Client Panels research. The Client Panels team will not share any of your information with ScotCen. By taking part, you’ll share your name and contact details directly with ScotCen.
No one in Social Security Scotland or the Scottish Government will know you’re taking part in this research. ScotCen is a separate organisation to Social Security Scotland and the Scottish Government.
If you take part, only the ScotCen research team will see your contact details. They’ll delete this information once the research is complete.
Keeping your answers anonymous
ScotCen will make sure that your answers are anonymous. No one will be able to identify you in any of the results.
Taking part will not affect any of your applications or benefits. No one who makes benefit decisions now or in the future will know if you take part.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback