You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If you're getting other benefits

Carer Support Payment affects other benefits in the same way as Carer’s Allowance.

Moving from Carer’s Allowance to Carer Support Payment will not affect your other benefits. Or the benefits the person you care for gets.

Find out how Carer Support Payment may affect other benefits.

Who to contact when you move to Carer Support Payment

You only need to tell other organisations that you’re moving to Carer Support Payment when you get your letter from Social Security Scotland.

The letter will tell you what you need to do if you get any of these benefits:

  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Reduction
  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
Back to top