Complain or feedback about care
Last updated: 1 November 2019

Complain about a social work department

Contact your local council if you want to complain – or make any comments – about a social work or social care department. It must have a complaints process in place.

If you're not satisfied with the outcome, you can raise your complaint with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

The Scottish Social Services Council sets out codes of practice that social workers, social care, early years and young people's workers - and their employers - should meet. It can tell you about making a complaint about a social service worker.