You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.


Everyone is entitled to safe, high-quality, compassionate care.

If you're unhappy about a care service, a local council social work department or an NHS service, speak to the manager in the first instance. Often things can be resolved quickly that way.

Advocacy can support people who have a mental health problem, learning disability or dementia. An advocate can help resolve an issue before it gets to the complaints stage.

If you do not want to make a direct complaint and your complaint is about an NHS service you should contact your local NHS Health Board or special NHS board.

If your concern still isn't resolved, you can take it further. There are many organisations that can help.

You can share your experience of any health or care service on Care Opinion.

Back to top