You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

If your complaint still is not settled

If your complaint still isn't settled – and you've been through the complaints procedures of the NHS, the local council or the Care Inspectorate – you can complain to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

It deals with complaints about the NHS and services provided by local councils. It also deals with complaints about private or voluntary sector services if the NHS or your local council paid for it.

The Scottish Public Services Ombudsman will only look at your complaint if:

  • you've already been through the complaints procedure at a local level
  • it feels it's justified

If you think you've been discriminated against, you can raise a claim under the Equality Act 2010.

Back to top