You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Housing Benefit

You can apply for Housing Benefit if you're on a low income, whether you're unemployed or working.

You could be a tenant of:

  • your local council or housing association
  • a private landlord – this is called Local Housing Allowance (LHA)

You should contact your local council to make a new claim or to check how breaking up with your partner will affect a current claim.

Contact your local council

Back to top