You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Council tax

After you break up

If you're not living with anyone over the age of 18 you can apply for a single person discount of 25% off your council tax bill.

You can still claim if those you live with over the age of 18 are:

  • in full time education, like college or university
  • a full-time carer

Find out more about claiming the single person discount.

Back to top