Funeral Support Payment helps pay for funeral costs if you live in Scotland. You can use the payment towards funeral costs for a baby, child or adult. This includes babies who were stillborn.
It usually will not cover the full cost of the funeral but it should help pay for some costs. It can be paid either to you or the funeral director who's helping you plan the funeral.
Only one person can get Funeral Support Payment for the funeral.
You will not be eligible if you've already had other government support for the funeral, this includes:
- Funeral Expenses Payment (England or Wales)
- Funeral Payment (Northern Ireland)
- your hospital arranging and paying for your baby's funeral if you had a stillbirth and you did not have to pay any other costs
Definition of a funeral for Funeral Support Payment
A funeral is the burial or cremation of the person who died. It does not include:
- a memorial service or remembrance event, if it’s separate from the burial or cremation
- burying someone’s ashes after they’ve been cremated
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback