You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

Help with disability benefits

Access to Work grant

An Access to Work grant can pay for practical support if you have a disability, health or mental health condition.

Find out more about an Access to Work grant.

Financial help if you're disabled

There's a wide range of disability-related financial support available, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.

Find out more about financial help.

Attendance Allowance

You could get Attendance Allowance to help pay for personal care if you're physically or mentally disabled and you're aged 65 or over.

Find out more about attendance allowance.

Carer's Credit

You could get Carer's Credit if you're caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week.

Find out more about Carer's Credit.

Check how Personal Independence Payment (PIP) affects you

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is replacing Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for people with a long-term health condition or disability aged 16 to 64.

Check how PIP affects you.

Contact the Disability Benefits Centre

Get advice or information about a claim you've already made for:

  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment

Contact the Disability Benefits Centre.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is gradually being replaced by Personal Independence Payment (PIP) for people aged 16 to 64.

Find out more about the DLA.

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) rates

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is paid at different rates depending on how your disability affects you.

Find out more about Disablity Living Allowance rates.

Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

If you're ill or disabled, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) offers you help.

Find out more about the Employment and Support Allowance.

Incapacity Benefit

Incapacity Benefit is being replaced with Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).

If you're already getting Incapacity Benefit find out how this will affect you.

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) helps with some of the extra costs caused by long-term ill-health or a disability if you're aged 16 to 64.

Find out more about PIP.

Money Talk Team

The Money Talk Team is a service that offers money advice to older people and families.

It helps explain how to make the most of your income and make sure you're not paying more than you need to for services like gas, electricity and internet.

It can help you find out:

  • what benefits you can get
  • how to save money on your bills
  • what other money you may be entitled to

You can chat to the Money Talk Team by calling 0800 085 7145, or by setting up a meeting to your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Back to top