Crime abroad: support

Last updated: 13 April 2017

In most countries, you must report the crime before you leave the country if you want it to be investigated. You might need to report the crime to make a claim on your travel insurance.

If you're still abroad

Find your nearest British embassy, commission or consulate to get help if you're a British citizen and you're a victim of crime abroad.

Further help and advice

Visit GOV.UK to read more on help if you're a victim of crime abroad.

You'll also find specific information and guidance for the following crimes:

Support if you're affected by crime

Victim Support Scotland can give you practical and emotional support when you get home.

It may also be able to put you in contact with overseas support organisations.

Victim Support Scotland
Telephone: 0345 603 9213
Find out about call charges