You appear to be using an unsupported browser, and it may not be able to display this site properly. You may wish to upgrade your browser.

How to apply

You or your solicitor can apply to the Scottish Ministers for compensation by filling in the miscarriage of justice application form.

Find more information on miscarriage of justice compensation on

 You may need to attach supporting documents with your application, for example:

Return the form and any supporting documents to:

The Scottish Government
Criminal Law and Practice Unit
Criminal Justice Division
St Andrew's House

The Scottish Government cannot give legal advice. Speak to a solicitor or support organisation if you need help or advice for your application.

Back to top