The Foreign & Commonwealth Office gives information on how to deal with a crisis overseas, such as a natural disaster or a terrorist attack.
- how you can stay informed about foreign travel advice
- the precautions you should take in case of a crisis overseas
- what you should do in an overseas crisis
- what support you can get from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in an overseas crisis
Support when you're home
If you're a victim of crime, Victim Support Scotland can give you practical and emotional support when you get home.
It may also be able to put you in contact with overseas support organisations.
You can also get:
- support if someone dies – Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland
- help if you're finding it hard getting back to normal – Disaster Action
You may be able to claim money if you've been a victim of a terrorist attack outside the UK since November 2012.