You may be able to postpone or stop your home from being repossessed.
Repossession is when your lender takes court action to sell your home to get back the money you owe them.
Get advice on repossession of your home from Shelter Scotland including:
- how to deal with mortgage arrears
- how repossession works and how to negotiate with your lender
- your rights if you live in the property but didn't take out the mortgage (for example, if it was your partner)
- how to ask the court for an order to stop or delay your lender from repossessing your property, and how the court decides
- what happens after the repossession, including support to find a new home
Contact Shelter Scotland
You can get free housing advice from Shelter Scotland.
Phone: 0808 800 4444 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)