You may be able to postpone or stop your home from being repossessed.
Repossession is when your lender takes court action to repossess your home so they can sell it and recover the money you owe them.
Visit the Keeping your Home website for advice on repossession, including:
- how to deal with mortgage arrears
- how repossession works and how to negotiate with your lender
- your rights if you live in the property but didn't take out the mortgage (for example, if it was your partner)
- how to ask the court for an order to stop or delay your lender from repossessing your property, and how the court decides
- what happens after the repossession, including support to find a new home
You can also speak to an adviser from Shelter Scotland for free housing advice.
0808 800 4444 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
Contact Shelter Scotland